Looking for the Best Oculoplastic Surgery Hospital in India. At Duggal Eye Hospital, our eye plastics department is headed by a qualified Oncoplastic Surgeon specially trained at the country’s best LV Prasad Eye Institute Hyderabad
What is Oculoplastic?
It is a Sub specialty of ophthalmology that exclusively focuses on diagnosing, treating, and managing problems with the eyelids, tear ducts, bones, and soft tissues near the eyes under the super-eye specialty oculoplastic.
Which parts of Eye does Oculoplastic cover?
Eyelid Surgery: Oculoplastic surgeons do a variety of eyelid surgeries, such as blepharoplasty (cosmetic eyelid surgery), ptosis repair (lifting droopy eyelids), entropion and ectropion repair (fixing eyelids that turn inward or outward), and tumour removal.
Orbital Surgery: Oculoplastic surgeons also treat problems with the bones and tissues around the Eye through surgery (eye socket). This includes fixing eye socket breaks, getting rid of tumours, and treating thyroid eye disease.
In tear duct surgery, also called dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR), Oculoplastic surgeons carry out tear duct procedure to fix blockages or abnormalities in the system that drains tears, which can lead to too much tearing or infections.
Facial Rejuvenation: Oculoplastic surgeons also use non-surgical facial rejuvenation methods like Botox injections and dermal fillers to make wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes less noticeable.
Fitting a prosthetic eye: If a watch is lost because of an accident or illness, oculoplastic surgeons can fit and customize a prosthetic eye to make it look like a real one as it did before.
Eye Plastic Surgery
At Duggal Eye Hospital Jalandhar, we also specialize in different kinds of Eye plastic surgery that can be used to make the eyes look better. These are the most common types of procedures:
- Blepharoplasty, with this s. your Eye plastic specialist surgery removes extra skin, fat, and muscle from the upper or lower eyelids to make droopy or puffy eyes look better.
- Eyebrow lift. It is a surgical procedure that raises the eyebrows and smooths out wrinkles on the forehead to make sagging or drooping eyebrows look better.
- Ptosis surgery. This procedure is used to fix drooping of the upper eyelid, making you look tired and hurting your vision.
- Laser skin resurfacing: This modern non-invasive procedure uses lasers to cover wrinkles, fine lines, and dark circles under your eyes and make your face look better. Better.
- Botox and dermal fillers. These are widely used injections that can be used to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes without surgery. Remember, only qualified Oncoplastic surgeons can give you the best results with Botox & Fillers.
Kindly note that the best Oculoplastic treatment depends on your expectation and how you want to feel. To figure out the best eye plastic treatment plan for you, you should talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon who has done Eye plastic surgery at premier otoplasty centers like LVEPI Hyderabad. Such competent and qualified Eye plastic surgeons can evaluate your individual eye needs and recommend the most appropriate procedure or combination of methods to achieve your desired results.
Treatment Options for Eye Cancers
Being rated among the best tertiary eye hospital in Jalandhar, Punjab, we offer all current treatment options for Eye cancers in our Department of Ocular Oncology.
Treatment for eye cancer depends on the type, size, and location of the tumour, as well as the patient’s overall health. We list the method of treating eye cancers at Duggal Eye Hospital Jalandhar.
- Eye Surgery: Surgery is the most common way to treat eye cancer. Surgery aims to get rid of the tumour and any damaged tissue around it. Depending on the tumour’s size and location, the doctor may remove part or all of the Eye.
- Radiation therapy: High-energy radiation is used in radiation therapy to kill cancer cells. It can be used by itself or along with surgery. External radiation therapy is done with a machine that sends radiation to the Eye. Internal radiation therapy is done by putting a small radioactive device inside the Eye.
- Chemotherapy: Drugs are used to kill cancer cells in chemotherapy. It can be put into the Eye or put into a vein. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy are often used together.
- Laser therapy: A beam of light with much power kills cancer cells. It can treat small tumours as a palliative treatment to ease symptoms like pain or vision loss.
- Immunotherapy is a way to fight cancer that uses the body’s immune system to attack cancer cells. It can be used with other treatments or on its own.
Summary: Oculoplastic surgery is a highly specialized field that combines surgical skills with a deep understanding of the complex anatomy and function of the Eye and its structures. Pertinent to mention that oculoplastic treatments should be done only by trained, qualified, and certified oculoplastic super specialists.